Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rocketman is back!!




Rocketman Ryan Newman gets the pole!! I am a closet fan of Ryan's. I come out once in awhile, but I'm not one to boast about my favorite drivers, and although I have more than one, Ryan is at the top of my list. This pole win comes after a rather disgusting "06" season, with me having high hopes for the Young Gun for "07". The fast lap, besides earning Newman his 38th career pole, gave him his seventh Atlanta pole. Will he see Victory Lane?... I doubt it, but I see a top 10 finish if he stays clean and I expect to see him in The Chase.


Mike Skinner took his second consecutive truck race. I had hopes for Jack Sprague but he had transmission problems. I dig the trucks!! They are a blast to watch.


The go home list includes:
Ward Burton, Kevin Lepage, Jeremy Mayfield, Scott Wimmer, John Andretti, Michael Waltrip, Kenny Wallace and A.J. Allmendinger. Not many surprises here... but I feel bad for Burton. Keep trying Ward!! So sad for Mikey...Again!!! And the Toyo's are still lagging.


Back at the Cottage... Gratefully we only received about half of the snow accumulation expected... that made my day!! Especially because I have to go out in it shortly because my high mileage work van needs brakes on all four and a Saturday morning appt. gets me back in time for the Busch race!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your weather. The lake is named after me, and even I can't stop your snow.

Kudos to the Rocket!

RevJim said...

I thought it was a great truck race, also. Truck racing is fun, and always exciting to watch. Do you think the COT races might be like that?

Anonymous said...

Closet fan?!! Uh... come on out of there now. He deserves it.