Wednesday, March 28, 2007

BSOT Challenge


I'm happy to hear that Geoff Bodine has decided to expand the Bobsled Challenge. There will now be two...the original at our very own Lake Placid, which is a place I have spent a lot of time at for skiing and trout fishing. It's a short drive north for me. The second one will be in Park City Utah, Olympic Park...I won't be making that event!! It's an awesome and thrilling thing for drivers to participate in...it's both fun and a charity event. Boris Said is a regular and Bodine has hopes of drawing some bigger name drivers in...I suggest he build a BSOT!!! I can't imagine what little Lake Placid would be like if Smoke or Jr. were to be there...a repeat of the 1980 Olympics!!!


Looking forward to the NCTS at Martinsville Speedway and it may be a caution fest at Sunday's Cup race. It'll be interesting to see how the CORN holds the pavement there...hold on tight fellas!!!!


Back at the Cottage...The current project I'm working on is coming along nicely. Today I am laying tile on a hearth I built for a woodstove...my aching back will be screaming at me tonight!! The room is a "Great Room" of sorts, only it's on the lower level...which was a walkout basement but it cannot be called a basement anymore with a wet bar that has a pine slab for a top and a built in home theater system. The room measures 28' x 18'. My customers chose a nice laminate type hardwood floor which will nicely accent the 10,000 plus lineal feet of knotty pine I've installed. A true Adirondack Great Room!!

4 comments:

TalkGeorge said...

As long as The Shrub doesn't dominate in the CORN on Sunday...

Starla said...

Martinsville is another one of my favorite tracks. I can't wait either.

rob ijbema said...

love them bob sledges,used to make models of them,easy no wheels!the gliders were made of rolled out toothpaste tubes.

your basement sounds nice,what are you going to hang on the walls? hint hint...lol

Racefan57 said...

hey rob

i'll show my customer your site...he just so happens to be a nascar fan...one of your pieces would look great in the "great" room