Friday, April 6, 2007

Snow Day


Nice right? Yeah that's what I thought as I drove my daughter to school yesterday. My camera was home, so after Aly was dropped I sped home to get it because the snow was dropping from the tree limbs fast. This is just around the corner from our house so I was able to catch it. Within minutes and with help from the wind and sun, the branches were clean. Nearly all of the snow is gone today.


Not much on the NASCAR front. Looking forward to the Busch race in Nashville. Not many Buschwhackers, the biggest gun Carl Edwards is the favorite...no surprise there. Carl is a favorite around here too. How can you not like the guy with the million dollar smile to go with some awesome racing talent. I've been keeping an eye on Sam Hornish Jr.. He is currently 5th in the points standings for Indycar and has two previous Indycar Championships. He may be in line for a Penske Cup ride.

6 comments:

TalkGeorge said...

Horny is slowly making his presence known in FranceCar!

Snafam said...

Beautiful Picture! Makes me glad I live in the desert, though!

I am pretty sure Sam will be in a Cup car within two years. He would be a good choice.

Hmm, we know Kurt will be there a year or two more....I wonder what the contract terms are for Newman?

Mike said...

Roger Penske said last year that he already has sponsorship lined up for whenever Hornish is ready for NASCAR. He doesn't really have anything else to prove in IRL.

Starla said...

When I saw the picture I was like, Oh my gosh. Now I'm cold from the thought of snow.

Hopefully you won't have snow on Easter and Happy Easter to you and your family.

Cheyenne said...

I will pass on Hornish...I didn't like the way he took the win away from Marco Andretti at last year's Indy 500.

The Dixie Butcher said...

Rankin' Rob's been implying the same about Hornish- we shall see.... He might do alright, but his learning curve ain't NOWHERE up there with Hay-Pee.