Saturday, June 30, 2007

Say What !!!!

It's finally happened. A Toyo winning the Bud Pole?? Surprise!! It's Dave Blaney. The #22 Cat has been the strongest Toyo all season, but Blaney has Tommy Baldwin and BDR, a strong combination. Kudos to Dave and Company.
Then there are the other 3 in the top 5 qualifying order that bring fresh blood to the front rows... Reed Sorensen, Johnny Sauter and Monty.
So how long will it take for the front lines to be plowed over?? My guess will be within the first 20 laps. But since Hell has frozen over it's anybody's guess.

I only live 3 hours from NHIS and if I wasn't so tied up with life I'd hop in my gas guzzler and hit the Loudon area. The local classifieds has a pair of weekend tickets for sale too... I almost bought them yesterday but Pattyjo reminded me of those nagging priorities looming in the shadows. We plan on the Sept. race there. That's helping to keep me grounded!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blaney in the Toyota wasn't a compete surprise.. Tommy Baldwin didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday and Blaney can wheel a car..what surprised me was happy hour where Blaney was still strong as well as Reutiman in another Toyota.... we will see how they fair when the chips are on the line....

Anonymous said...

Carpe Diem...go to the race!

Racefan57 said...

Vroom... the day has me seized!! Nice thought though.