Sunday, November 4, 2007

SEMA Las Vegas

This weekend marks the end of the 2007 SEMA show in Las Vegas. I am a car crazy sorta guy with a tender spot for the classics and there is no other show on the planet that offers glimpses into the past like this show, and I cannot forget the crystal ball of the future either.

The custom autos one can see here are phenomenal and the best in the business is Chip Foose, http://www.chipfoose.com/. His talent is absolutely incredible.

I owe a special thanks to a Promotions Associate that sent me an email with exclusive photos of the SEMA event and one car I am particularly fond of is the one below... a '57 Belair. My favorite classic and my birth year.


In NASCAR... I really thought Smoke had the Busch race in the bag yesterday...that is until he put his right fender into the left bumper of a slower car. Good race overall and Carl Edwards took home the '07 Busch { last one } Crown. Roger Penske has his hands full with Sam Hornish. That guy is one of the best Openwheeler's there is, but he is cumbersome with the stockcars. I hope he catches on... he could be a driving force in the '08 Penske garage.

3 comments:

RevJim said...

Do you find it odd that ESPN mentioned nothing about Michael McDowell driving full time for MWR?

Anonymous said...

Revjim doesn't surprise me at all.. up until last week they were still listing the Yates cars under Yates-Newman-Haas-Lanigan in their graphics..so missing something like that is par for the course....SEMA is great I worked that show for years and it was always one of my favorites..we show haulers would argue about who got to do it...

4ever3 said...

Wow, I owned a 57 Chevy 2-Door Hardtop Belair back in High School. It was yellow and had a 350 4-bolt main with 327 heads, Hooker headers, 650 Holley double-pumper, Muncie 4-speed with a Hurst shifter and line-lock, and a 10 bolt posi bringing up the rear. That car was one of the fastest and ill-handling cars I ever owned or drove. I sold it to pay for University. I miss it. I want another one. (Sigh). There is always my mid-life crises isn't there?