Thursday, September 20, 2007

8 in Stereo

It's a decent choice and the color schemes look great. I still attribute the #88 to Dale Jarrett and in fact I have some stuff around here with the UPS 88, but cliche' or not... "if the shoe fits, where it". I'm just glad it's over and I'm sure Dale Jr. is too.

I've been extremely busy since returning from Loudon late Sunday and have not had a chance to read or write. At present it is 2:30 am and I am up due to lower back annoyances, albeit, I did sleep for 5 hours. I'm not sure if the back pain is from hard work or from an annoying customer who has a huge sense of entitlement. People with control issues really need to think about other's. This guy only cares about his project getting started NOW!! and the hell with the project I have 2 or 3 days to go on. He had an almost threatening demeanor yesterday, so instead of a huge confrontation I have given in to his demands, but now I have compromised my other customer. Solution... well after much thought... and often my best ideas come to me in the dark of night... the s.o.b.'s job will be getting done, but at a snails pace because I will be there alone with my help finishing up the other job. What's this have to do with NASCAR??? Not a damn thing, but it felt good to write.

Loudon was an awesome experience. It is a very user friendly place and unlike Pocono, I would recommend Loudon to anyone. The layout is great and it makes you feel like you are the heart of NASCAR Nation with drivers being all over the place, whether they be in their trailers or walking around or driving their tricked out golf carts. I said hello to Rusty Wallace and he responded like a gentleman with a nice greeting. It made me feel good to be able to get up close and personal with several drivers and Pattyjo was beside herself, especially when Smoke went by in a State Trooper car. I thought I was going to have to call the infield care center. The race itself is on the boring side but that's typical for the flat miler's, on the other hand, I don't care where you're sitting... the track views are incredible. Overall, I give Loudon an A+.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to the sense of entitlement guy...having met a few in my time they all gave me pain in the nether regions...I have to get to Loudon again...I haven't been there since the inaugaral Busch race when it first opened..(Rick Mast the winner)I stood right beside Smoke at a hospitality event at Richmond in the spring...if Pattyjo had been in my shoes right then a trip to the infield care centre would have been definitely on....