Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sgt. Tom

Last weekend I met a Sgt. from our local National Guard post. This guy, Tom, has to be one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time. We, of course, got into a conversation about The Guard's NASCAR involvement. He explained that he has yet to receive any Casey Mears diecast or other related promo's from Headquarters. He said he hopes he gets some stuff soon because he enjoys giving it away. I mentioned Casey's recent victory and "The Biff" carried The Guard name for awhile so they may be playing catch up. At any rate, we had a nice chat and at the end he said "stop by the Armory. I have one Greg Biffle diecast left and you can have it." Yesterday I did stop by his office and without hesitation he pulled the Biff diecast out of a locker and handed it to me. Then after some small talk I came to find out that I know his brother and a friend of his brother's, Ted, is a friend of mine. Tom's brother owns a NASCAR motorhome adventure tour company and Ted, our mutual friend, owns Victory Lane, a NASCAR collector's store. I've always believed that things happen for a reason and one never knows who will cross your path.

1 comment:

Starla said...

It is a small world after all. Tom does sound like a pretty nice guy.