Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One Passionate Fan

My wife Pattyjo is 100% Smoke. Her NASCAR season on Sunday's has been anything but. She is normally doing this or that thing, or with her mom, or busying herself on purpose to avoid the Tele, anything but watching the race and when it's over she'll ask "so who won?" and after hearing me say another Hendrick name she would shake her head in disgust. She liked hearing Jamie Mac and the few other non-Hendrick victories so far this season.
I came home after the race began this past Sunday to find Pattyjo actually sitting in her reclining sofa watching the race on our HD Plasma [this so you know how hard it is NOT to watch a race here] excited because Tony was having a good day. Call it women's intuition or whatever, but I think she knew it was Smoke's day. As he approached the finish line that woman started whooping and hollering with such passion that tears were rolling down her cheeks. It was so heartwarming to see this that I joined in and the next thing you know both of our dogs are howling. It was such a moment that our teenagers emerged from their dark corners of the house to find out what all the commotion was about. It was nice to see Smoke win again, but it was even nicer seeing my wife so happy about a NASCAR race.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smoke...great seeing fat boy climbing that fence again!

Cheyenne said...

Gotta love that Smoke...gald he put your household in a good frame of mind. Hope he wins some more this year.

Starla said...

Well tell Pattyjo that I missed the end of the race. But usually when I miss watching a race is when Smoke wins. I'll try and miss a few more races.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see "smoke" win again....The way Pattyjho reacted is similar to my sister when Junior is having a good day..I think they do have a sixth sense....