Sunday, February 15, 2009

Timing


Unfortunately.

The only cool thing about Matt Kenseth winning the Daytona 500 is he started 43rd. That made it somewhat worthwhile. He had an amazing march to the front making it up into the top ten somewhere around lap 35 and Tony Stewart wasn't far behind him landing himself a respectable 8th place finish in his debut of Stewart Haas Racing. Team mate and employee of Smoke's, Ryan Newman didn't fare as well in 36th, but I expect to see good things outa that Hendrick powered Army #39 as the season goes on.

Speaking of Hendrick... chalk one up for Jr. Nice move Dale. Curious to see the jib jab about that. In my opinion it was just pure frustration. Nice crash though!!

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I love the fact that Vickers and Busch got wiped out.
I hope we get to see more moves like that from Dale Jr., only not as blatant. But I will defend him because I don't believe in blocking. I thought it was illegal. So when was it made legal again? I wish they'd make up their minds.

Anonymous said...

Check out this fun book about Nascar:

NASCAR
An Interactive Guide to the World of Sports

Daniel J. Brush,
David Horne
and Marc CB Maxwell

Format: Trade paper, 240 pages
Price: $16.95
ISBN: 978-1-932714-42-5
On Sale: September 2008

12 photos, charts, illustrations
Original illustration by Val Laolagi

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing is the second-most popular professional sport in terms of television ratings in the United States behind the National Football League.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why Vickers blocekd Junior below the yellow?

Race was fun...18 and 24 were class of field, we had fun!

I have some pics on my radio blog!

Vroom

rob ijbema said...

i did enjoy it too
until it stopped hehe