Sunday, September 23, 2007

One Tough Cookie


Kudos to Denny Hamlin for the Busch win at The Monster Mile. I caught the beginning of the race and felt bad for the kid as he started the race one sick puppy. Within a few laps he had the lead and I guess the "Bug" helped his performance. Future teammate, Shrub had sat in the #20 Rockwell Automation Chevy to see if the seat would fit in case Denny was too ill to race, and I thought..."NO!! That car will be cursed for life!!" Denny looked horrible, but he took the wheel.

The village of Lake George NY is very quaint. It's full of a variety of shops and emporiums. It's waterfront has a beautiful boardwalk and is pretty much a tourist town. Last night Pattyjo and I took the younger kids, Casey 11 and Adam 9, to the Village for the fun of it and to watch fireworks.
Several weeks ago we were there walking around and the Franklin Mint 1969 Camaro Indy Pace Car 1/24th diecast seen above was on display in a shop window along with some other beautiful Franklin Mint diecast. It had caught my eye then but we didn't have the time to stop. Last night I went into the shop and checked out these beaut's and then saw the beaut of the price tag on them too. Pattyjo knew I wanted this piece but also knows I hate to pay that much as I am a bargain hunter, so she bought it for me as a wedding anniversary gift. She is such a sweetheart!! The car is displayed among many of my NASCAR diecast in a glass shelved cabinet under lights. It accents things nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you having a groovy collection of die-casts! I just ordered Junior's #88's!

Anonymous said...

nice piece....I'm a bargain hunter as well but evryone here calls me cheap.....