Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lucky 13 ?

Richmond always delivers and last night's race was no exception. The guys are driving the wheels off of the CoT... finally. And can those things take a wallop!! ABC kept the commercials limited and was not nearly as bad as ESPN.

Jr. did a fine job, but maintains the 13th spot. I like that number personally and it almost seems fitting for Jr.'s new and yet unannounced car #. It has always carried an element of superstition and associated bad luck, but some label it "The Lucky 13". It's available and only used in the NCTS by Willie Allen. Nah... no one would want to see Jr. with 13 on his car... it would forever remind them of the year he almost made the Chase and anyway I think Teresa has rights to it now since Ginn had it. Well, at least he'll have that 13th spot at the banquet table.

Be sure to tune into this years "Dancing With The Stars"... the lineup includes Indycar extraordinaire Helio Castroneves. Can you believe it?? Well at least it's him and not Dario Franchitti. Actually, Helio is quite accomplished and no stranger to the limelight, but somehow seeing a racer dancing is a tad strange... of course Jeffyboy got away with it on Live with Regis and Kelly.

I'm hoping that Pattyjo and I can make it to Loudon next weekend. Things are so crazy here that I may not be able to get away for 2 days. I should be able to make a decision by Tuesday. We really need the much deserved break and it'll be an awesome race. Geez... it's only a 3 hour drive from our driveway... we could leave at 4:00 am Sunday and be back in time for bed for my early wakeup on Monday. I really want to do the whole weekend gig though and be part of the audience for Raceday as well as attending the Truck race on Saturday. May have to sacrifice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cut loose my friend take the whole weekend....one of the things I regret about being on the road for thirty odd years was the things I missed because of it...You deserve a break today.....to borrow from Ronald....

MIKE said...

I really enjoyed last nights race. I was rooting like crazy for JR.

Cheyenne said...

Please no, never the 13. I am not superstitious, but I don't like that number. My first marriage occurred on the 13th and it didn't last. Besides, Junior doesn't want a '3' in any number on his car. 28 or 81 for sure.
What's wrong with Dario? He won the last race and the championship and made me proud!

Racefan57 said...

Hey Mudge.. You're right!!
Yeah Mike it was great!
Cheyene, not a thing wrong with Dario... I saw the finish yesterday where Dixon ran out of Ethanol... my saying "at least it's not Dario" dancing is in Dario's favor. I tend to be a tad sarcastic.... ya think!? LOL